Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 14 - Betsy Gliding in Pink

Betsy is a spirited, intense girl and I love the action photo of her gliding to summer camp for the first day. She rode all the way from our house to Middlefield Road. She was slower than the boys, but would not give up, even when I offered to have her jump in the trailer with Ruby, she would glide faster. 

What was even more surprising was when I showed up on my bike to pick them up and ride home and they were gone. I missed them at the place I thought I was supposed to pick them up and by the time I went to the gym, their classrooms and back to the pick-up, I had missed them. Betsy's teacher saw me asking about where my three kids were and said they had left together on their bikes. They had told the teachers they were just supposed to ride home by themselves. I caught up with them when they were almost to College, our street. Gabriel was standing by Betsy. When I rode up to them he said, 

I bet you're glad to see me with Betsy. You probably couldn't tell that most of the time we went way ahead and didn't see her. But now we are together. 

Honesty. Those are not the busiest streets in Palo Alto, but there's so much traffic everywhere and stop signs that Betsy doesn't understand the rules to cross through safely. We were watched over that day. Betsy in her favorite outfit - all pink and the long-sleeve cowgirl shirt, was blessed with safety.

0 comments: