Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 29

It's so hot today. Fan is going. No a/c. Summer's in California are warm.

While reading in the evening Ruby asked if she could brush my hair. She has done this since she was a baby, starting with her fingers as I held her or put her to sleep. Betsy and Gabriel soon joined. Gavin continued reading his Lego Chinma book that Ms. Tamar gave him. Betsy was brushing one side in the back and Ruby was brushing the other side. Gabriel wanted to practice braids, so did two in the front. This was going on while I started All-of-a-Kind Family. We just read Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh, which I was expecting to be boring, but ended up liking it. I love sitting together on the couch reading. I was definitely not a reader growing up, so I never spent time reading in the evenings or to relax. There are pros and cons to that, but I love having reading time with my kids and experiencing these books for the first time with them. Chris chooses books like The Hobbit, while I am more drawn to classics like those in the Mensa list (thank you, Amy Brinton!). Maybe The Hobbit is a classic to some, but it's also in the sci-fi genre and I could pass, but it fascinates the boys. 

0 comments: