Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 15

This was the second day of summer "camp." It's more aptly called summer school, but that doesn't sound as fun. Jordan Middle School - Math Enrichment. They go over next year's curriculum for math, reading, and writing. I presented it to Gavin as a great camp I found for him because he does so well with coming up with stories to write and loves reading. I told Gabriel I found a camp I think he'll love because he picks up math quickly and likes to do math problems. Betsy was an easy sell - she's excited about all things school and wants to be there. 

When they got home they had a great afternoon playing together. To my surprise, the boys did the girls' hair. This was a first and I had to be sure to record this. They put a ton of bows in their hair, which can slightly be seen on the side of one of the photos. And then Betsy and Gabriel proceeded to dance. It was very enjoyable for me to watch. 

The way the boys usually play is in the picture with them wearing life jackets and using a hockey stick and the coveted bow to fight. It usually ends poorly, so I discourage physical and encourage pretending. 

0 comments: