Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July 5

We rode bikes to school because I car was getting towed to the car service. I love roadside assistance. 100% worth the premium. It's not just the battery and key, so I'm hoping the warranty might cover something!

As you can see behind Abby, the boxes are piling up in the back porch. I'm hoping there is no rain in the next ten days and no robbers. Not that anyone would really want wrapping paper and duplos, but they wouldn't know that.

Our house got cleaned today, which is becoming a necessity for me. Even in this small space I don't find the time to do much more than tidy and I am so grateful for the kind couple who comes and brightens our home. It is one of my favorite things.

We walked to the bank and Ruby rode Betsy's glider the whole way. She was also wearing one of Betsy's shirts and two different shoes. 

Some key principles of a home environment I want to create - COAL. Curiosity. Openness. Acceptance. Love.

After school we were all in their bedroom and they began an impromptu Yoshi Kids Club meeting. It started out with the pledge that sounds an awful lot like the pledge of allegiance with the word Yoshi inserted several times. 

This week is spirit week at school, so they got ready for the Hawaiian day and did a luau dance with someone accompanying on the piano. 

It was taco Tuesday tonight for dinner, which may have become a little polarizing. Gavin claims to love it and it seems that makes Gabriel not love it. Although they seem similar in personality, they do often choose opposites. Like if I ask them what they're favorite ice cream is, Gabriel will say vanilla and then Gavin will immediately say chocolate. Or when people ask them what color they like, they are quick to say different colors or "only my brother likes that color." 

0 comments: