Monday, July 4, 2016

July 2

We leave in two Saturdays. So we headed to Pacifica to have some beach time. I had been there with park days, but Chris hadn't. This beach attracts surfers and has a Taco Bell literally on the beach. We met the Coehlos with Raphael's mom there, but we were super late because of the battery again. And taking bikes off the back rack. Our kids had fun running and digging for crabs. The most amazing part was that WE SAW WHALES! It was really amazing. I was corralling kids to come back closer to parents and I was walking by two little boys who started jumping up and down screaming and pointing. I asked them what they were so excited about and they said they saw a whale. I looked out there and it was amazing. I gathered the boys who I was bringing back and we watched until we one again. When the whale jumped out of the water headfirst and landed on its side (I know there's a name for that) everyone on the beach clapped. So then I ran to tell the adults to look and we whale-watched for a while. The thing about whale-watching is you have to be still and keep your eyes focused on the water because they'll suddenly appear, but only for a moment. It's fun. And just amazing to think of these huge creatures in the water. When I go to the ocean I have no need to get in. I love being there, but the water itself terrifies me because of how massive it is. Unfortunately, it was so windy that the sand was stinging our skin and it got cold (Chris and the boys still got in), so we stayed huddled and used towels and blankets and only stayed for a couple of hours. 

Abby kicks balls well and did this upon her first few steps. When we were at a ward picnic she wasn't really walking except a few steps at home and then she found a soccer ball, stood up, and started kicking it. Also, she has had eight teeth by Christmas, now has all of her molars, and is getting her in between teeth now for a total of 16 teeth. I only write this because I have not had a kid get so many teeth at this age before. 

Betsy wanted to perform something. I think it was a song, but turned into jokes by the end rotating through her, Gavin, and Gabriel. The jokes start out decent and end up being quite far stretches. 

0 comments: