Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Two Little Monkeys Climbing Out Of Bed.


Around 9 months ago the boys started to climb out of their cribs.

So, we lowered the the bed railings to to the lowest setting to prevent them from falling out.

About 5 months later they were jumping over the side again.

So, we repositioned the cribs so that the shorter partition is against the wall.

After another 3 months they were scaling the larger barrier to freedom.

So, at nights and for naps we started smearing lotion/vaseline over the railings and their little hands.

That only worked for a few weeks.

So, now we have completely removed the bed rails, and placed the mattresses on the floor still enclosed by the walls of crib.



So far, so good.

9 comments:

bec said...

that's hilarious! very creative.

Emily said...

You guys are brilliant!

Rob said...

Whitney's brother's family recently had this issue with their 2 year old. They removed the mattress from the crib and placed it on the floor, and told him that was his new bed. After a couple of nights sleeping on the floor, the little guy asked to be back in his crib. He hasn't climbed out since.

hilary w said...

That is a great idea! Those boys will have to gain some serious height to get out of there!

Marianne said...

Brilliant! I would NEVER have thought of the Vaseline idea OR putting the mattresses on the floor.

Hilary said...

You are so inventive! It's great to hear of the little guys' exploits.

Clarene said...

I am glad you are keeping those little monkeys safe

rlrlrfamily said...

So funny! Way to think outside of the box.

Rob and Mercedi said...

You don't know me and I don't know you but I came across your blog through blogger reader.
I'm having the same climbing out of the crib problem with my little one right now. Well, I WAS having the same problem. I got a CRIB TENT. It's a mesh tent that covers the top of the crib and keeps them in. At first I felt like I was putting my baby in a cage but it works so well. Kindof expensive ($60 on Amazon.com), but well worth it. I don't even have to worry about him getting out. Good Luck!!